Overall, the Figure Setting process this year went very well for people with disabilities. Here are some highlights from the Figure Setting meeting:
- A 4.0 percent increase for the Developmental Disabilities Program (to restore cuts from previous years), including:
- Adult Comprehensive Services
- Adult Supported Living Services
- Children's Extensive Support
- Family Support Services
- Case Management, and
- Early Intervention Services
- A 1.5 percent increase for the following items:
- Preventative dental hygiene
- Legal auxiliary services
- General fund rehab programs, and
- Independent living centers
- The JBC approved the recommendation to add 765 new resources.
- The JBC approved a recommendation to have their staff draft a bill to move I/DD services from CDHS to Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF, commonly pronounced ‘Hic-Puff). This move is being recommended in order to streamline services, improve the interface with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and to minimize redundancy. The recommendation includes the creation of an Office of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities at HCPF, which we think would greatly improve the management of services for people with disabilities.
Click here to read the complete JBC Figure Setting Document, and stay tuned for an update next month regarding the passage of the Long Bill.